Some interesting statistics on gay Latino men that you may or may not have known.
- LGBT adults between the ages of 21 and 25 reported higher levels of depression and decreased life satisfaction. Amongst Latino men, this is more common and there are more factors to consider for mental health issues.
- Gay Latino men in American society feel marginalized and stereotyped within the gay community and as a whole.
- Hispanic gay couples live in nuclear-family units more often than previously assumed and have children in their households twice as often as other gay unions.
- As the Latino population has grown in the US to more than 43 million it’s estimated that gay Latino numbers have increased to more than four million people.
- The rate of new HIV infections among Latino men was more than double that of white men and 43% occurred in Hispanic/Latino MSM under age 30